As I walk daily through this journey called life I have l have learned a few things and have been keeping a list as a way for me to be self-reflective and self-aware. While I know I have much more to learn along the way, here’s a few things I’ve learned along the journey that I try to apply to my life:
- Breathe deeply and smile.
- Be patient and take time.
- Slow down and notice things around you.
- Don’t lose self in the mundane.
- Recognize what you can and can’t do.
- Talk to God. Pray
- Stop and say “Hello. How are you?” to those you come in contact with.
- Find a release that brings you gladness.
- You can’t fix everything.
- Make time for fun.
- Do something for others.
- Spend time with those close to you.
- Practice gratitude.
- Laugh a lot.
- Spend time outside.
- Not everything requires a picture. Enjoy the memory.
- Travel and see all that you can.
- Experience things that challenge you and make you think outside of the box.
- Be open to new and different things.
- Get outside.
- Consider others before self.
- Don’t judge someone based on their social media posts.
- Believe in yourself.
- Keep encouragers in your life.
- Say thank you to those who help you.
- Be aware of your health. Take care of yourself.
- Try new foods.
- Write notes.
- Spend time alone lost in your thoughts.
- Live in the now and don’t get overwhelmed.
- Unplug from social media and technology.
- Give thanks.
My friends, the journey is filled with many twists, turns and road bumps, learn along the way and reflect.
As singer and songwriter Chris Stapleton eloquently reminds us in his song Traveler:
I’m just a traveler on this earth
Sure as my heart’s behind the pocket of my shirt
I’ll just keep rolling till I’m in the dirt
‘Cause I’m a traveler, oh, I’m a traveler
I couldn’t tell you honey, I don’t know
Where I’m going but I’ve got to go
‘Cause every turn reveals some other road
And I’m a traveller, oh, I’m a traveler