As Thanksgiving approaches, I thought I would share the things that I’m most grateful for in my life right now…
- My faith and the ability to have a vocation that allows me to share it openly.
- My family that supports and encourages me and made me who I am.
- Soul friendships that encourage and support me. Friendships that are authentic and genuine.
- My sense of adventure and desire for out of the box experiences that push me to think differently.
- Beautiful mountains all around me.
- For knowing what I’m supposed to be doing for this season of my life.
- The community I live in and the ways in which I’m able to contribute to this beautiful place.
- Coffee… need I say more.
- The presence of love in a world that can be full of hatred in discord.
- Good food. Bring on Thanksgiving!
- Laughter and a sense of humor. The ability to find humor nowadays keeps life from getting too dark and feeling hopeless in many situations.
- Kindness and it can be a gift from those you know and those you don’t.
- For the curiosity and purity of children, who can and will change the world!
In the coming days as you consider what you are most thankful for consider these words from Anne Lamott, “Gratitude begins in our hearts and then dovetails into behavior. It almost always makes you willing to be of service, which is where the joy resides. It means that you are willing to stop being such a jerk. When you are aware of all that has been given to you, in your lifetime and the past few days, it is hard not to be humbled, and pleased to give back.”
I’ve got a lot to be thankful for, how about you?